Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hawaiian Vacation 2009 --Day one.

My Hawaiian vacation began on Saturday August 8, 2009 --Day one.

My mother and I took off from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport for Honolulu , Oahu at around 8:25 am Mountain Standard Time (MST) .
Hours later finally we landed in Honolulu, Oahu before 12 noon Hawaii Standard Time (HST) .

After we checked in at the Imperial of Waikiki at 205 Lewers Street which is a timeshare condo ( also known as vacation condo) we went to Denny's restaurant ( same address) for lunch , and I had a grilled Mahi Mahi . Mahi Mahi is a warm Pacific ocean fish only available as seafood on Hawaiian Islands ...It is not served or on sale on US Mainland.

After lunch My mom had her nap while I explored an area around the Imperial of Waikiki .

We had dinner inside our condo , then I went exploring/walking Kalakaua Avenue and Kuhio Avenue. I saw some new stores, bars, and nightclubs on both Kuhio Ave & Kalakaua Ave. Plus I noticed some changes at the Royal Hawaiian shopping center such as a new Starbucks Coffee which faces Lewers Street, and a new Apple Computer store, and a few new stores as well as old stores & restaurants still open now.

My Mom and I went to bed by 10:30 pm HST.

No comments:

Post a Comment